The Missing Penny

If someone asks, "A penny for your thoughts," and you give them your two cents, what happens to the other penny?

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Changing-again



Well, after almost six months of waiting, searching, praying, hoping, and all of those other emotions, I have a job. And, this one is kind of "in the blood."

Starting Monday, I am going into training to be a Correctional Officer for the state of Indiana. I will be at the Pendleton Correctional Facility.

A guard, you say? Yes. I am still trying to put my mind around it.

I have been praying about this for a while, and I feel that it is where I am supposed to be. I know that this is going to be like nothing that I have ever done before. But, I also know that if God does want me there, then He has a reason for it. All I need to do is listen for Him.

I start training on Monday, and will be in training for about 4 1/2 weeks. Then I am on duty for more on the job training.

To answer the questions (some of them my own) I have no idea what my schedule is going to be. I have a friend that works there (he is taking me under his wing), and he works 12 hour shifts, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off. My schedule should be like that, I just have no idea the days, or the shift.

But, I hope to be able to "chronicle" my training here, so that you can also have a glimpse of what is happening.

Thank you all for your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home